Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Fort Mill & Greenville, SC
According to the South Carolina Traffic Safety Factbook, one motorcyclist is killed on our Fort Mill & Greenville South Carolina roadways every 3.1 days making ours one of the Southeast’s most dangerous states for motorcyclists.
At the David W. Martin Law Group, our motorcycle accident lawyers in Fort Mill & Greenville know how devastating these tragic deaths can be for families who count on the financial security, partnerships, and love provided by those who were taken from their families too soon.
Our personal injury lawyers in Fort Mill, SC also know that nearly 2,000 people are injured in motorcycle accidents each year in our state, which can change their and their family’s — lives drastically going forward.
That is why we pursue the best financial recovery outcome for each of our Fort Mill & Greenville motorcycle accident injury clients, so they can get their lives back.
What Are the Leading Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Fort Mill & Greenville, SC?
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, there are over 134,500 motorcycles registered in the State of South Carolina.
These riders use their motorcycles during their daily commutes and for both short and long pleasure rides through our beautiful state. When motorcyclists get on their bikes, they deserve the same respect on our roadways as other vehicles but are not always afforded that luxury.
The most common causes of motorcycle accidents in South Carolina are often the result of a passenger car or truck driver’s negligence, which may include, but is not limited to:
- Distracted Driving in Fort Mill & Greenville, SC
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, distracted driving is one of the leading causes of traffic accidents in the United States.
When drivers are behind the wheel of a car or large truck and are not focused on the sole task of driving, people get hurt — including motorcyclists.
Distracted driving may include talking or texting on a cellphone, eating, drinking, or focusing on passenger activity while driving.
- Aggressive and Reckless Driving in Fort Mill & Greenville, SC
Aggressive and reckless driving can include attempting to overtake the motorcyclist’s lane, tailgating, traveling too closely to the motorcyclist, or making unsafe lane changes.
- Exceeding the Speed Limit in Fort Mill & Greenville, SC
Speeding vehicles that collide with a motorcyclist can cause the rider to be ejected from the bike, which can cause severe injuries or even death.
- Failing to Obey Traffic Signs and Signals in Fort Mill & Greenville, SC
Breaking the law is often the cornerstone of negligent acts, which can include running red lights, failing to stop at stop signs, or not yielding to traffic patterns.
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs in Fort Mill & Greenville, SC
Much like failing to obey the legal rules of the road, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is illegal, and when an accident results from this unlawful behavior, people get hurt.
- Left Turn Accidents in Fort Mill & Greenville, SC
When the driver lacks the proper judgment in gauging the distance between their vehicle and the motorcycle, they often make left-hand turns in front of the rider, which can cause severe injuries or even death during the collision.
Other motorcycle accident causes that may have nothing to do with other drivers or motorcyclists can include:
- Dangerous Road Conditions in Fort Mill & Greenville, SC
Cracked and crumbling pavement or potholes and debris may increase a motorcycle rider’s chances of losing control of their bike.
- Motorcycle Defects in Fort Mill & Greenville, SC
Motorcycle design or manufacturing defects can occur to any part of the bike, which can include the clutch, brakes, or other important components that allow the riders to safely operate their motorcycles. When this happens, the manufacturer or another third-party may be liable for the accident and injuries that result.
What Are the Most Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Fort Mill & Greenville, SC?
At the David W. Martin Law Group, our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys in Fort Mill & Greenville have witnessed the tragic toll these collisions take on the injured party and their family, which is why we work tirelessly to produce the financial recovery results our clients need to get their lives back.
Motorcycle accident injuries can be life-changing, and may include:
- Broken bones
- Facial fractures
- Head injuries, including Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Infections from cuts and scrapes
- Injuries to extremities, including hands, feet, knees, arms, and legs
- Internal bleeding
- Loss of limbs
- Muscle and ligament tears
- Neck and spine injuries
- Organ damage
- Road rash that requires skin grafting
- Scarring and disfigurement
If you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident or lost a loved one as a result of a Fort Mill & Greenville, SC motorcycle crash, contact our personal injury lawyer in Greenville County today at (803) 548-2468 to discuss your case, and learn more about your legal options during a free consultation.
What Happens If I Lost a Loved One in a Motorcycle Accident in Fort Mill & Greenville, SC?
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reported 4,985 motorcycle fatalities last year throughout the country, including an average of 150 that occur in South Carolina annually.
If your loved one was killed in a motorcycle accident in South Carolina that was caused by a negligent driver, our Fort Mill & Greenville, SC wrongful death attorney would like to discuss your claim today.
You deserve justice and should be afforded the financial recovery necessary to give you time to fully grieve and heal from your loss.
Our Fort Mill & Greenville, SC Personal Injury Lawyer at the David W. Martin Law Group Provide the Following Practice Area:
- Auto Accident
- Bicycle Accident
- Boat Accident
- Dog Bite
- Pedestrian Accident
- Truck Accident
- Wrongful Death
- Slip & Fall
- Workers’ Compensation
- Medical Malpractice
- Sexual Abuse
- Nursing Home Negligence
Fort Mill & Greenville, SC Motorcycle Safety Tips
At the David W. Martin Law Group, our motorcycle accident lawyers in South Carolina are dedicated to providing proactive tips to help keep our community safe.
To follow are motorcycle safety tips that can help keep you riding for years to come.
- Ride a motorcycle that fits your size and ability, as riding a bike too big or too heavy can spell trouble, even when there are no other vehicles around.
- Wear protective riding gear like boots, eyewear, gloves, pants, and jackets that fit, including a Department of Transportation compliant helmet. While our South Carolina motorcycle laws only require riders under the age of 21 to wear helmets, they are recommended for all rider safety.
- Inspect your motorcycle before each ride and conduct regular maintenance to ensure even small mechanical defects do not turn into larger malfunctions that jeopardize your safety.
- Remain alert while riding, as negligent drivers are everyone.
- Always obey the speed limit and traffic signs and signals while riding.
- Never ride a motorcycle under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Contact Our Fort Mill & Greenville Motorcycle Accident Lawyers For Free Consultation Today.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident or have lost a loved one to the negligent actions or inactions of another driver, contact our personal injury attorneys in Greenville today by calling (803) 548-2468 to schedule a free consultation to learn about your rights and eligibility to pursue a claim against the person or party who caused your collision.