In Need of a Slip and Fall Attorney in Simpsonville, SC?
At the David W. Martin Law Group, our Simpsonville slip and fall lawyers know that while there are just around 25,000 people spread across the approximately ten square miles that comprise the city, they are just as likely to be hurt on dangerous premises as those who live in larger towns.
Our Greenville County premises liability attorneys know that when negligence is a factor in grocery stores, restaurants, retail outlets, and other places, people are going to get hurt — no matter how small their city may be.
When South Carolina residents or visitors are hurt because of dangerous conditions on public, private, or even government properties, we want to help them pursue the property owner or operator who is liable for the injuries and overall damages they have suffered.
What are the Primary Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents in Simpsonville, South Carolina?
Any time someone is hurt on damaged or dangerous premises because the owner, operator, or another individual or corporation who is responsible for its upkeep was negligent in their duties, the injured party may be eligible to file a personal injury claim to pursue the financial compensation they need to get their life back on track.
Some of the most common causes of slip and fall accidents in Simpsonville, South Carolina may include, but are not limited to:
- Broken or missing floor tiles in restaurants, hotels, and shopping malls.
- Broken stairs, elevators, or escalators.
- Cluttered retail floors and walkways.
- Exposed, loose, or unfastened cables or wiring.
- Failing to fence or guard a hazard.
- Falls from heights.
- Freshly waxed or mopped surfaces.
- Inadequate lighting in entryways, stairs, and walkways.
- Loose floor mats.
- Materials, supplies, and products stacked on floors.
- Missing or damaged hand railings.
- Rugs or carpets that are not secured.
- Slick ramps or stairs.
- Spilled food or liquids.
- Uneven sidewalks.
- Water leaks or flooding.
- Wet and slippery surfaces, without visible signage.
Failure to warn customers or visitors of known hazards — or dangers the property owners, operators, or management companies should have known about — that cannot be fixed immediately is negligence.
This is true in restaurants, shopping malls, hotels, grocery stores, big and small retail businesses, office buildings, and even on private property.
If the owners, lessees, or managers of the property were negligent in creating the problem, failing to fix it, or failing to warn guests about the danger, they may be held liable for an accident victim’s injuries in South Carolina.
Contact our Simpsonville slip and fall lawyers today to learn more about how we can help hold the liable party accountable for your full financial recovery.
What Should I Do Immediately Following a Slip and Fall Accident in Simpsonville, South Carolina?
If you or someone you love has been injured in a slip and fall accident in South Carolina, taking the followings steps may help strengthen your personal injury claim:
- Stay where you are, and do not attempt to jump up until you know how hurt you are. Moving quickly can turn minor injuries into major ones and jeopardize your well-being.
- Alert the property owner, a supervisor, or management to the incident, and ensure they document what and how it happened.
- Take pictures of the location, hazard, and your injuries to ensure there is a record of the incident before the property owner can repair the issue.
- Seek medical care right away, so the full extent of your injuries is documented, and a treatment plan is put in place. Follow all your physician’s instructions and all follow-up appointments.
We Also Represent The Following Practice Areas:-
- Car Accidents
- Childcare Negligence
- Drunk Driving
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Contact Our Personal Injury Attorneys in Simpsonville, South Carolina Today
Our experienced attorneys work on a contingency basis, which means if we do not win your case, you do not pay our legal fees.