In Need of a Premises Liability Accident & Injury Lawyer in South Carolina?
At the David W. Martin Law Group, our South Carolina premises liability accident and injury attorneys know these accidents refer to situations where an individual is injured or harmed while on someone else’s property due to the property owner or operator’s negligence or failure to maintain a safe environment.
The reality is that no one leaves their home — no matter where they are going — and expects to get hurt on the property of their destination. Unfortunately, it happens often in South Carolina and nationwide.
Here, we discuss the most common types of premises liability accidents that lead to injuries.
What are the Most Common Types of South Carolina Premises Liability Accidents?
Because there are various types of premises liability accidents, injury victims must understand when the property owner or operator can be held liable for accidents on their watch.
They may include, but are not limited to:
These occur when someone slips, trips, or falls due to hazardous conditions on the property where visitors can be injured in retail stores, grocery stores, restaurants, and other consumer outlets due to:
- Broken handrails, faulty wiring, malfunctioning elevators or escalators, and other hazards.
- Falling merchandise.
- Obstacles or hazards on the property, such as an unsecured rug, clutter, or damaged flooring.
- Poorly maintained premises.
- Slippery floors.
- Structural defects, such as collapsing roofs, walls, or balconies.
If you have been injured in a public, private, or government space, contact our experienced slip and fall lawyers in South Carolina today to learn more about your legal opportunities to pursue the property owner for financial recovery for your medical bills, lost wages, and additional expenses caused by your slip and fall.
Property owners have a duty to provide adequate security to prevent foreseeable criminal acts or other preventable hazards on their premises.
The property owner may be liable if someone is injured because of:
- Blocked emergency exits.
- Lack of procedures to limit guest access.
- Failure to conduct background checks on security personnel.
- Defective security equipment, including cameras, locks, or metal detectors.
- Failure to provide easy access to alarms and emergency contacts.
- Inadequate fire safety measures, faulty wiring, or improper storage of flammable materials can lead to fires or burns on the property.
- Lack of or poorly trained security guards.
- Lack of security policies and protocols.
- Poor or insufficient lighting in common areas, parking structures, lots, stairwells, and walkways.
- Lack of attention to overgrown landscaping blocking views.
- Security guard misconduct.
- Unlocked gates.
Negligent security claims may require pursuing multiple negligent parties, including in cases where accidents and injuries occur in a resort, hotel, vacation rental, nursing home, daycare, or childcare facility because of the property owner or operator’s failure to maintain a safe environment for their guests.
The State of South Carolina has strict liability laws for dog bite and attack cases. Property owners may be liable for injuries caused by their pets or animals.
Dog bites, even those caused by a dog you know, love, or are familiar with, can lead to severe injuries requiring professional medical care, time away from work, and extended monitoring to ensure you can fully heal.
We can help you pursue the dog owner for your full financial recovery.
Other common premises liability accidents in South Carolina include, but are not limited to:
- Amusement Park Accidents: Visitors to amusement parks can suffer injuries on rides or due to poorly maintained attractions.
- Swimming Pool Accidents: Property owners with swimming pools must ensure they are adequately fenced, maintained, and equipped with safety features to prevent drowning accidents.
- Exposure to Toxic Substances: Harmful substances like lead paint, asbestos, mold, or toxic chemicals can cause illness or injury to individuals on the property.
To establish a premises liability claim, it is typically necessary to prove that the property owner was negligent, that the negligence caused the injury, and that the injured party had a legal right to be on the property at the time of the accident. We can help build your case for success.
Our Fort Mill & Greenville, SC Personal Injury Law Firm at the David W. Martin Law Group Provide the Following Practice Area:
- Bicycle Accident
- Boat Accident
- Dog Bite
- Motorcycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Truck Accident
- Wrongful Death
- Slip & Fall
- Workers’ Compensation
- Medical Malpractice
- Sexual Abuse
- Nursing Home Negligence
- Negligent Security
Contact Our Dedicated South Carolina Premises liability Accident and Injury Attorneys
If you or someone you love was injured or lost their life because of a property owner or operator’s negligence, call (803) 548-2468 or contact us online to learn more about your legal rights and options to pursue the best outcome for your unique case by partnering with our dedicated South Carolina premises liability accident and injury attorneys at the David W. Martin Law Group today.