Tag Dot

In Need of Hit and Run Accident Attorneys in Rock Hill?

At the David W. Martin Law Group, our Rock Hill auto accident attorneys know that getting injured or losing a loved one in a South Carolina traffic crash can change your life. When the driver that caused the collision leaves the scene of the accident, despair immediately takes over.

Once the anger that an irresponsible person crashed into your vehicle and fled the scene subsides, your immediate thought is, “Who is going to pay for my damages?”

Our York County hit and run accident and injury attorneys can help by pursuing your insurance coverage for your complete damages, so you can focus on your recovery without the stress and anxiety that accompanies financial worry.

How Can I Pursue My Personal Auto Insurance Coverage After Being Injured in a South Carolina Hit and Run Accident?

All South Carolina motorists are required to carry at least the minimum liability vehicle insurance coverage before they can operate their cars, trucks, and SUVs legally.

The South Carolina Department of Insurance requires all motorists to carry insurance for:

  • $25,000 bodily injury per person.
  • $50,000 bodily injury per accident.
  • $25,000 property damage per accident.

The minimum insurance coverage in South Carolina requires the driver to carry uninsured motorist coverage, too.

This protects the policyholder directly if he or she is hit by an uninsured driver, or if the negligent driver leaves the scene of the crash.

Even if you have just the minimum coverage, it can be pursued directly after you have been injured in a hit and run crash. If you have a higher policy limit, it too can be pursued for your damages. Our hit and run accident attorneys in Rock Hill can help you understand your legal rights and options to pursue your insurance coverage for your damages up to your policy limits, so you can move forward with confidence.

Is Uninsured Motorist Coverage the Same as Underinsured Motorist Coverage in South Carolina?

There is a difference between uninsured motorists (UM) and underinsured motorists (UIM) in South Carolina.

Underinsured motorist coverage can be used when you have been hit by a driver who does not have enough insurance coverage to pay for your damages. Let’s say the at-fault driver has the minimum amount of injury coverage of $50,000 per accident, yet your injuries total $100,000. Our Rock Hill car accident attorneys can pursue your underinsured motorist coverage for the balance of your damages, up to your policy limit.

Auto insurers are required to offer all South Carolina motorists underinsured motorist coverage but unlike uninsured motorist coverage, they are not required to purchase it.

Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Rock Hill Represent Clients in the Following Cases Also:

Do I Need a Rock Hill Hit and Run Accident Attorney to Pursue My Personal Insurance Coverage?

Unfortunately, the resounding answer to this question is, yes.

Although you may believe your insurance company is here to protect you, especially in your time of need, its primary goal is to keep as much of its money as possible – not give it to policyholders, even if they have been hurt by a hit and run driver.

Hit and run drivers often leave the scenes of crashes because they are uninsured, are driving on a suspended license, are intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol, or are already in legal trouble.

While you may not know why they fled, you must prove they did, indeed, flee, and that you are not responsible for the crash before they will even entertain your claim.

Our Rock Hill hit and run lawyers will help you build your case by investigating the crash, obtaining the necessary evidence that the driver left the scene, and examining your medical records to tie your injuries directly to the crash, then building a solid case to pursue your insurance coverage for your damages.

Even if you have already begun the recovery process, and are receiving resistance from your insurance company, our skilled hit and run accident attorneys in Rock Hill can take your case from here. Contact us today to learn more.

Contact Our Skilled Hit and Run Accident and Injury Attorneys in Rock Hill, South Carolina for Help Today

If you have been injured or lost a loved one during a hit and run traffic crash in South Carolina, contact our experienced Rock Hill auto accident lawyers for help by calling (803) 985-9200 or contacting us online today to schedule a consultation.



Message Us

David W Martin Law Group Logo

(803) 548-2468

Call today to be our next satisfied legal client.

David W. Martin Law Group

108 Springs Street
Fort Mill, SC 29715-1722
(803) 548-2468

1061 Red Ventures Drive, Suite 145
Fort Mill, S.C. 29707
(803) 548-2000

910 E. North Street
Greenville, SC 29601
(803) 590-1958

324 East St. John Street, Suite F-2
Spartanburg, SC 29302
(864) 606-0053

331 Oakland Avenue
Rock Hill, SC 29730
(803) 985-9200

110 Trader’s Cross, 1st Floor
Bluffton, SC 29909
(843) 949-4354

2411 N. Oak Street, Suite 307B, 3rd Floor,
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
(854) 854-5623

1240 Winnowing Way,
Suite 102 Office 1120
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29466
(843) 800-8165

Columbia office

1501 Main Street,
Suite 507, Columbia, SC.

Contact Us

Text Us