In Need of a Truck Accident Lawyer in Spartanburg, SC?
At the David W. Martin Law Group, our Spartanburg truck accident lawyers know that Interstate 85, Business Loop 85, and Interstate 26 — the longest interstate highway in South Carolina — bring extensive commercial vehicle traffic into the area each day.
Our truck accident attorneys in Spartanburg County know this commercial traffic takes on many forms, including semi-trucks, delivery vehicles, box trucks, and other large vehicles that can cause catastrophic accidents, injuries, and fatalities when collisions occur throughout South Carolina.
When a large commercial vehicle collides with a passenger vehicle, it is almost always the occupants of the much smaller vehicle who pay the price. In fact, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reported that over 70% of the people killed in large truck crashes are the occupants of other vehicles.
Whether it is the truck driver, trucking company, another third party, or a combination of each that is liable for the collision, our Spartanburg County truck accident attorneys are here to help hold them accountable for our client’s complete financial recovery needs.
We can do the same for you and your family, starting with a free consultation today.
How Many Commercial Vehicle Collisions Occur in South Carolina Each Year and Why?
Traffic collisions between commercial and non-commercial vehicles contributed to over 38% of crashes throughout the state last year. According to the South Carolina Traffic Collision Fact Book, they also accounted for over 12% of fatal traffic collisions statewide over the same time.
These devastating crashes, including the injuries and fatalities that result, are typically due to the apparent reason: the size and weight of commercial vehicles are no match for a much smaller car, truck, or SUV.
Unfortunately, the origin of these crashes often stems from negligence, including that on the part of the truck driver, the trucking company, the truck manufacturer or maintenance crew, cargo loaders, or a combination of each.
Truck drivers are often liable for truck accidents in Spartanburg when they are:
- Driving impaired.
- Violating Federal Hours of Service
Trucking companies are often liable for Spartanburg truck accidents when they:
- Fail to screen drivers for experience and valid credentials properly.
- Neglect to run background checks, required medical physicals, or drug and alcohol tests.
- Place profits over safety by encouraging drivers to stay on the road longer or transport heavier loads than the federal guidelines allow.
In addition to truck drivers and trucking companies:
- Truck manufacturers or maintenance crews may be liable for truck accidents in Spartanburg when defective parts are used on the vehicle or when the lack of proper and timely maintenance is an issue.
- Cargo loaders and other parties may be liable for Spartanburg truck accidents when the semi-truck or another commercial vehicle is overweight or unbalanced.
Because there may be multiple liable parties, truck accidents are complex and require help from a skilled South Carolina commercial vehicle accident law firm. That is why we are here.
Our Spartanburg truck accident lawyers will:
- Review the truck accident scene, employing engineers and crash reconstruction specialists when necessary to prove liability.
- Examine all the truck driver’s logbooks and hauling history.
- Assess the trucking company’s hiring practices, employment policies, corporate culture, and employee records.
- Evaluate all injuries, medical requirements, and long-term needs to negotiate a fair settlement for each of our client’s unique needs.
- Remain trial ready throughout the negotiations, so we can quickly adapt our legal strategy to litigation inside the courtroom should the insurance company — or combination of insurance companies — stall in providing the outcome our client deserves.
Our dedicated Spartanburg truck accident lawyers have walked this path with South Carolina injury victims and families who have lost their loved ones in these devastating crashes for years. We know exactly how to handle truck accident cases, so each of our clients can pursue the outcome they deserve after negligence has changed their lives. We can do the same for you.
We Also Represent the Following Practice Areas:-
- Car Accident
- Daycare/Childcare Negligence
- Drunk Driving
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Slip and Fall Accident
- Wrongful Death
Contact Our Skilled Truck Accident Attorneys in Spartanburg, South Carolina, for Help
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a commercial vehicle collision in South Carolina, contact our experienced truck accident attorneys in Spartanburg, South Carolina, by calling (864) 606-0053 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case.
Our experienced South Carolina personal injury attorneys work on a contingency basis, which means you only pay our legal fees if we win your case.