Tag Dot

Who Can File a Premises Liability Claim in South Carolina?

At the David W. Martin Law Group, our slip and fall attorney in Rock Hill, South Carolina knows that everyone’s first instinct after getting hurt on someone else’s property is to jump up and resume their previous movement, whether it is shopping, dining, or even working.

The problem is, your body will not only respond to the adrenaline of a slip on a wet grocery store floor, a trip over debris in a retail store, or a fall from hazards that were not clearly marked, it will also mask the pain of serious injuries that require time away from work and extended medical care.

If you were injured on someone else’s property, you may be eligible to file a premises liability claim with the help of our York County personal injury attorneys, so you are not left paying for those expenses out of your own pocket.

What is a South Carolina Premises Liability Claim?  

A premises liability claim in South Carolina is the result of a person or party being injured by unforeseen hazards while on someone else’s property.

The burden of proof requires our personal injury attorneys in Rock Hill to outline the details of how our client was injured because a property owner failed to maintain safe conditions or knew about the dangerous conditions and failed to correct them.

When is a South Carolina Property Owner Responsible for Slip and Fall Accidents?

Our premises liability lawyers in Rock Hill at David W. Martin Law Group may pursue the property owner’s insurance company for your injuries if you were a guest on their property, which could include doing business with an establishment or visiting a friend or family member’s home.

For instance, you may have a personal injury claim if you slip and fall on a wet grocery store floor that had no signs warning you about the dangerous conditions. Likewise, premises liability laws cover injuries caused by dog bites, too, which typically occur in the home or on the property of someone our clients know and have a personal relationship with.

If you were trespassing on another’s person or business’s property, the owner does not owe you a duty of care, since they had no reasonable expectation that you would be on their property.

If you were legally on the premises and were injured as a result of negligence, we can remove the confusion of determining the liable party, so we can pursue their insurance coverage for your damages.

Can I Pursue Lost Wages After a Slip and Fall Accident in South Carolina?

If a property owner violated a duty of care that caused your injuries, you may be eligible to file a personal injury claim to recover all applicable expenses.

They can include, but are not limited to:

  • Medical costs
  • Rehabilitation, therapy, and prescription expenses
  • Loss of income
  • Loss of earning capacity
  • Short- or long-term disability
  • Temporary or permanent disability

If you have been hurt on someone else’s property because of their negligence, whether it was private, public, or government-owned, contact our personal injury lawyer in Greenville, South Carolina today by calling (803) 590-1958 to schedule a consultation to learn more about your rights and how we can help you pursue the financial recovery you deserve.


Message Us

David W Martin Law Group Logo

(803) 548-2468

Call today to be our next satisfied legal client.

David W. Martin Law Group

108 Springs Street
Fort Mill, SC 29715-1722
(803) 548-2468

1061 Red Ventures Drive, Suite 145
Fort Mill, S.C. 29707
(803) 548-2000

910 E. North Street
Greenville, SC 29601
(803) 590-1958

324 East St. John Street, Suite F-2
Spartanburg, SC 29302
(864) 606-0053

331 Oakland Avenue
Rock Hill, SC 29730
(803) 985-9200

110 Trader’s Cross, 1st Floor
Bluffton, SC 29909
(843) 949-4354

2411 N. Oak Street, Suite 307B, 3rd Floor,
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
(854) 854-5623

1240 Winnowing Way,
Suite 102 Office 1120
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29466
(843) 800-8165

Columbia office

1501 Main Street,
Suite 507, Columbia, SC.

Contact Us

Text Us