Tag Dot

Can You Modify an Existing Child Support Arrangement?

Get Child Support Arrangement Attorney in Fort Mill & Greenville, SC

While child support wage garnishment cannot take your entire paycheck, it can take the majority of it. You may be able to fight wage garnishment by filing an official objection. You may object to the payments if the amount of your child support payments will not leave you with enough to live on, or if you believe the amount you owe is incorrect. If you had custody of the child at the time you went into arrears, this is another valid argument for lowering the payment amount.

Contact Our Child Support Lawyers At Davit Martin Law Group.

You may also be able to file a motion for Child Support Modification if a loss of income caused you to miss payments. If you lost your job for an involuntary reason and have not found new work despite a reasonable effort, the courts may agree to either temporarily or permanently modify your original support agreement. Discussing your child support case with a lawyer can help you understand your rights and legal options.


Message Us

David W Martin Law Group Logo

(803) 548-2468

Call today to be our next satisfied legal client.

David W. Martin Law Group

108 Springs Street
Fort Mill, SC 29715-1722
(803) 548-2468

1061 Red Ventures Drive, Suite 145
Fort Mill, S.C. 29707
(803) 548-2000

910 E. North Street
Greenville, SC 29601
(803) 590-1958

324 East St. John Street, Suite F-2
Spartanburg, SC 29302
(864) 606-0053

331 Oakland Avenue
Rock Hill, SC 29730
(803) 985-9200

110 Trader’s Cross, 1st Floor
Bluffton, SC 29909
(843) 949-4354

2411 N. Oak Street, Suite 307B, 3rd Floor,
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
(854) 854-5623

1240 Winnowing Way,
Suite 102 Office 1120
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29466
(843) 800-8165

Columbia office

1501 Main Street,
Suite 507, Columbia, SC.

Contact Us

Text Us