Alienation of affection: can you sue someone for breaking up your marriage in South Carolina?

Unfortunately, South Carolina does not recognize alienation of affection as grounds to sue for adultery. Some states allow for “alienation of affection” claims, where you sue your ex-spouse or their lover for adultery or otherwise breaking up your marriage, but not South Carolina.

Experienced Family Law Attorney in Fort Mill & Greenville, SC

Because of the role adultery can play in a divorce, it’s important to keep track of any evidence to help support your grounds for divorce. Having the help of a skilled Fort Mill family law attorney can also help ensure that your divorce proceeds smoothly and that you receive your fair share of marital property and any legally required financial support. If you are concerned that adultery has occurred, contact our Family Law Attorney in Fort Mill & Greenville at David W. Martin Attorney by calling (803) 548-2468 and we will be happy to help you handle this stressful situation to achieve the best possible outcome.


Message Us

David W Martin Law Group Logo

(803) 548-2468

Call today to be our next satisfied legal client.

David W. Martin Law Group

108 Springs Street
Fort Mill, SC 29715-1722
(803) 548-2468

1061 Red Ventures Drive, Suite 145
Fort Mill, S.C. 29707
(803) 548-2000

910 E. North Street
Greenville, SC 29601
(803) 590-1958

324 East St. John Street, Suite F-2
Spartanburg, SC 29302
(864) 606-0053

331 Oakland Avenue
Rock Hill, SC 29730
(803) 985-9200

110 Trader’s Cross, 1st Floor
Bluffton, SC 29909
(843) 949-4354

2411 N. Oak Street, Suite 307B, 3rd Floor,
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
(854) 854-5623

1240 Winnowing Way,
Suite 102 Office 1120
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29466
(843) 800-8165

Columbia office

1501 Main Street,
Suite 507, Columbia, SC.

Contact Us

Text Us