Skilled Sex Crimes Defense Attorneys in Charlotte, North Carolina
At the David W. Martin Law Group, our Charlotte sex crimes defense attorneys know that when our North Carolina residents face these difficult charges, their personal, professional, and social lives are placed in jeopardy before they have the opportunity to tell their side of the story.
The reality is, that nearly all sex crimes are charged as felonies in North Carolina, which means a conviction can bring significant jail time, probation, fines, and other penalties including being required to register as a sex offender going forward.
Our skilled Mecklenburg County sex crimes defense lawyers firmly believe that just because our clients have been charged with a sex crime does not mean they are guilty of committing one.
Contact us today to learn more about your legal rights and options to pursue the best outcome for these life-changing charges, so you can move forward with confidence.
What Types of Sex Crimes Cases Does the David W. Martin Law Group Represent?
Our experienced sex crimes defense lawyers in Charlotte provide end-to-end legal representation for all clients who have been accused of, investigated for, or arrested and charged with a sex crime in North Carolina.
That includes creating customized legal defense strategies for the following crimes:
- Aggravated Sexual Assault
- Criminal Sexual Conduct with a Minor
- Date Rape
- False Allegations of Sexual Abuse of a Child
- Forcible Rape
- Indecent Liberties with a Child
- Internet Sex Crimes and Child Pornography
- Juvenile Sex Offenses
- Kidnapping for the Purpose of Committing a Sex Crime
- Lewd Behavior, including Indecent Exposure
- Prostitution or Solicitation
- Sexual Exploitation of a Child
- Solicitation of a Minor
- Statutory Sex Offenses, including Statutory Rape
At the David W. Martin Law Group, our Charlotte criminal defense attorneys know that once an allegation of a sex crime is made, the far-reaching damage it creates cannot be taken back without a clear defense strategy and positive outcome.
Sex crimes charges impact each aspect of our client’s lives. We can help set the record straight. Contact our skilled criminal defense lawyers in Charlotte today to learn more about your legal options to pursue the best outcome for your unique case.
At The David W. Martin Law Group, Our Criminal Law Attorney In Charlotte, NC Focuses On The Following Practice Areas:
- Assault and Battery
- Criminal Sexual Conduct with a Minor
- Domestic Violence
- Drug Crimes
- Gun Crimes
- Murder or Attempted Murder
- Possession of a Stolen Vehicle
- Traffic Violations
What are the Penalties for Sex Crimes Convictions in North Carolina?
North Carolina has no statute of limitations for any felony sex crime. That means, no matter how long ago the accusation was made, the state can pursue felony sex crime charges at any time going forward.
This gives the prosecution time to strengthen their cases by collecting evidence, evaluating DNA, deposing witnesses, and interviewing others who can contribute to their criminal narrative.
The penalties for sex crime convictions in North Carolina depend on the crime, its circumstances, the age of the alleged victim, and the criminal history of the accused.
Convictions for sex crimes in North Carolina often result in:
- Lengthy Prison Sentences, Followed by Long Periods of Parole or Probation Requirements
- Mandatory Listing on the North Carolina Sex Offender Registry
- Restrictions on Where the Sex Offender Can Live
- Restrictions on Where the Sex Offender Can Be Employed
- Restrictions on Owning Firearms and Other Weapons
- Mandatory Rehabilitation Treatment
In many cases, sex crime allegations can lead to a breakdown in our client’s home life, including significant challenges to their marriage and relationships with their children.
If you have been accused of a sex crime in North Carolina, you deserve to tell your side of the story. We can help. Contact our skilled Charlotte sex crimes defense lawyers today to learn more.
How Can the Sex Crimes Defense Attorneys at David W. Martin Law Group Help?
Our skilled sex crimes defense attorneys in Charlotte work tirelessly to counter the prosecutor’s claims by building each of our client’s cases for success.
That may include presenting a well-designed defense using the following legal strategies:
- Discovering discrepancies in the accuser’s testimony, or highlighting false accusations
- Uncovering discrepancies in witness testimony, or proving false witness testimony
- Inappropriately misleading witness interviews
- Mistaken identity or a faulty suspect lineup
- Using DNA evidence to prove that the alleged sex act did not take place
- Presenting witness testimony and evidence that the victim consented to the sex act
- Discovering physical evidence or surveillance camera footage that supports our case
Our sex crimes defense attorneys in Charlotte know that each of these cases is unique and requires a customized approach to pursue real results for our clients. We can help ensure no detail is left to chance when preparing your defense because your future depends on it.
Contact Our Skilled Sex Crimes Defense Attorneys in Charlotte, North Carolina Today
At the David W. Martin Law Group, our Charlotte sex crimes defense attorneys are here to listen to the details that led to your arrest and charges, so we can outline all potential legal strategies that will allow you to take back control of your life today.
Call us at 980-265-9724 today to discuss your case and get the help you need.
Our Charlotte criminal defense attorneys represent clients throughout North and South Carolina and have convenient offices on both sides of the border to help provide the legal guidance and defense strategies our clients need to get their lives back.